Victory Church Core Values
1. Lost people matter to God. He wants them found.
2. Prayer is the primary work of the people of God.
3. Everything we have belongs to God. We are only stewards.
1 Chronicles 29:1-4
4. Knowing and obeying God's Word is fundamental to all true success.
5. Completing the Great Commission requires mobilizing every fully
devoted disciple. Matthew 28:19
6. To accomplish great things for God, we need the empowerment of the
Holy Spirit. 1 Corinthians 2:4-5
7. Achieving God's purposes involves taking faith-filled risks; this always
involves change. Hebrews 11:6
Statement of Faith
The Bible is the inspired Word of God, infallible in its original writings. The Old and New Testaments are a complete revelation of His will for the salvation of men. They constitute the divine and only rule of Christian faith and practice. (1)
There is one God, (2) infinitely perfect, (3), holy in nature, attributes and purpose. That this one true God has revealed Himself to mankind as: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (4)
Jesus Christ is true God and true man. (5) He was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary.(6) He died upon the cross, the Just for the unjust, (7)as a substitutionary sacrifice,(8) and all who believe in Him are justified on the ground of His shed blood.(9) He arose from the dead according to the Scriptures.(10) He is now at the right hand of Majesty on high as our great High Priest.(11) He will come again to establish His kingdom, righteousness and peace.(12)
The Holy Spirit has been given to man by the Father(13) to guide, teach, empower the believer,(14) and convince the world of sin, of righteousness, and of judgment.(15)
Man was originally created in the image and likeness of GodL16) he fell through disobedience, incurring thereby both physical and spiritual death. All men are born with a sinful nature, (17) are separated from the life of God, and can be saved only through the atoning work of the Lord Jesus Christ.(18) The portion of the unrepentant and unbelieving is existence forever in conscious torment; (19) and that of the believer, in everlasting joy and bliss.(20)
Salvation has been provided through Jesus Christ for all men; and those who repent and believe in Him are born again of the Holy Spirit, receive the gift of eternal life, and become the children of God. (21) We are justified by faith, thereby having peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ (22)
It is the will of God that each believer should be filled with the Holy Spirit and be sanctified wholly,(23) being separated from sin and the world and fully dedicated to the will of God, thereby receiving power for holy living and effective service.(24) This is an experience wrought in the life of the believer subsequent to conversion.(25)
There shall be a bodily resurrection of the just and of the unjust; for the former, a resurrection unto life; (26) for the latter, a resurrection unto judgment.(27)
Provision is made in the redemptive work of the Lord Jesus Christ for the healing of the mortal body.(28) Prayer for the sick and anointing with oil are taught in the Scriptures and are privileges for the Church in this present age. (29)
The Church consists of all those who believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, are redeemed through His blood, and are born again of the Holy Spirit. Christ is the Head of the Body, the Church, (30) which has been commissioned by Him to go into all the world as a witness, preaching the gospel to all nations. (31) The local church is a body of believers in Christ who are joined together for the worship of God, for edification through the Word of God, for prayer, fellowship, the proclamation of the gospel, and observance of the ordinances of believers baptism by immersion and the Lord’s Supper. (32)
The Second Coming
The second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ is imminent (33) and will be personal, visible, and premillennial. (34) This is the believer’s blessed hope and is a vital truth which is an incentive to holy living and faithful service.(35)
(1) 2 Peter 1:20–21; 2 Timothy 3:15–16, (2) Deuteronomy 6:4, (3) Matthew 5:48, (4) Matthew 28:19, (5) Philippians 2:6–11, (6) Luke 1:34–38, (7) 1 Peter 3:18, (8) Hebrews 2:9, (9) Romans 5:9, (10) Acts 2:23–24, (11) Hebrews 8:1,(12) Matthew 26:64, (13) John 14:15–18, (14) John 16:13; Acts 1:8, (15) John 16:7–11, (16) Genesis 1:27, (17) Romans 3:23, (18) 1 Corinthians15:20–23, (19) Revelation 21:8, (20) Revelation 21:1–4, (21) Titus 3:4–7, (22) Romans 5:1(23) 1 Thessalonians 5:23, (24) Acts 1:8,(25) Romans 6:1–14, (26) 1 Corinthians 15:20–23, (27) John 5:28–29, (28) Matthew 8:16–17, (29) James 5:13–16, (30) Ephesians 1:22–23, (31) Matthew 28:19–20, (32) Acts 2:41–47,(33) Hebrews 10:37,(34) Luke 21:27, (35) Titus 2:11–14